“With a cadre of world-renowned researchers committed to public good, UC San Diego is uniquely positioned to leverage rapidly developing tools in AI to address pressing issues facing humanity.” Tara Javidi
- VideosThis virtual event held in November of 2022 highlighted significant advancements in the development of management-relevant prescribed fire and wildfire planning tools with a focus on next-generation fuels and fire behavior models.
- ArticlesWIFIRE, based at UC San Diego, is a small part of a large partnership fighting fires across the state.
- VideosMost forests in the world may become fireproof in just ten years with this technology.
- VideosAn inside look at FIRIS (Fire Integrated Real-time Intelligence System) with state-of-the-art infrared and high definition cameras.
- VideosThe FIRIS airplane has high-tech equipment that gives fire managers real-time information to dispatch crews and equipment.